History

Lodge and Community

LODGE & COMMUNITY

The brethren of the Lodge have ever been mindful of the fact that they are part of the greater community and have assisted and supported other organisations wherever possible.

To the present day the Lodge has always made the premises available to any member of the community who wishes to organise an event to raise funds for any charitable cause.

1878   The Lodge agreed to give the Lodge Room, free of charge, to young men to hold their Sabbath Morning Meetings.

1897   It was agreed to allow the Lodge Premises to be used by The Order of Free Gardeners for their fortnightly meetings.

1924   Bannockburn Boys Brigade were granted the use of the third floor.

1929   At a meeting in November 1929 it was agreed to allow the United Free Church use of the Temple and the Hall for Church services and Church work respectively.

1947   It was agreed to allow Bannockburn Youth Club (Football Section) the use of the third floor hall as a changing room and for indoor training purposes.

1999   At the time of writing the Lodge is negotiating the possibility of making the third floor (out of use since 1983) available to Bannockburn Amateur Boxing Club for boxing and physical training.

1990's The monies raised on the Annual Charity Cabaret and Inter Lodge Sports Nights have always gone to worthwhile causes within the immediate community whether connected with the Craft or otherwise.